Saturday, August 22, 2009

How old am I????

I was trying to figure out the title for this entry, and it revolved around doctors - to update for Lucy and I. Then I thought...dang, how old am I that my blogs revolve around multiple doctors! That is for old people, who have nothing else going on! But, I guess at this time in my life - turning 38 a few days ago must be old enough!

My doctor is doing another ultrasound, to check on the baby and make sure everything is ok. Between contractions and lots of stomach pain, he just want to make sure. I didn't have this with my other kids. He is an awesome OB. He is very thorough, competent and worries enough, but not too much. I have had him since I moved to California in 1993 - through fertility that didn't work, and birth control recently that didn't work either! OK - I guess that doesn't sound too good - but neither were his fault! 8 pregnancies (2 ectopic, 1 blighted ovum, my four kids and now Esther), and I wouldn't trade him for anything. Maybe he will deliver my grandbabies some day - who knows! He always asks me how Lucy is doing, and even put a call in to her neurosurgeon (who he goes fishing with sometimes), and got him to call me back the very next day with her test results!!! Thank you Dr. Maher!

Having said that - Lucy's neurosurgeon said that everything looks like we can just hold off, and wait for the next scan. She will have another MRI in Oct/Nov of this year. I will definitely have to learn patience, and gratitude for each test that says we can wait for the next test. We are so grateful to have her in our lives. Her silly sense of humor and contagious smile keep us all laughing.

No comments: