Thursday, March 24, 2011

This blogs for you - Randy (and everyone else)

OK - so I got a phone call, where I am in big trouble. He has forgiven me now, but Randy was very upset that I got him hooked on my blog, then quit writing. I tried to explain that I am a crazy woman, trying to catch up on Emmie's homeschool, her fundraising (next payment of $2000 is due next week, and we are still over $500 away - then the final payment of $3750 due in May), as well as the unbelievable pile of laundry and dishes I had to catch up, and keep up with. Then there is the corners and underneath of things. This is where everything went whenever Ryan asked the kids to pick up. I didn't realize how many corners and "underneaths" I had in this house. The bills (ours, Mom's and business bookkeeping) had to be dealt with and taken care of, errands ran, shopping done, etc. It keeps going, but he said (and he is right) that it is no excuse not to do a quick update saying:
"Hello there. I am swamped - so gotta keep it short. Lucy is back at school, started therapy and is doing great! Mom is going to be going back and forth between Tanya and I - so she can have a change of scenery. We will have an x-ray on April 11th to see if the surgery worked on her hip or if we have to do surgery again. Also, the week of May 10th we will be going to San Francisco to do the screening to get Mom on the Liver Transplant List, and most likely doing the chemo I talked about in an earlier blog. That's the update - gotta go!"
And he is right! Also, there are so many more Thanks that need to be given. I felt so badly that Aunt Karen, Uncle Jimmy and Chelsea sent Lucy this wonderful package, with a cool Ladybug lunch pail - adorable ladybug earring, a new Ty Beanie Baby Owl, and chocolate (green shamrocks and gold coins) and a sweet card - and I waited to call (for them to be home from work), and as usual, time slipped past me, then days slipped past. How rude of us. We do have our Thank You cards out, and are working on getting them done. Also, a HUGE thank you to all who brought in meals for my family while Lucy and I were in the hopsital, and the day we got home. I am still trying to find out who did that, and who I owe dishes to. :-)
Thanks for being patient, and I will try to be better about updates. Thank you again to everyone!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks! Love to you all!