Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tornados in California??

Yes, I'm afraid it is true! Our internet was down, and I was on the phone with the technician trying to troubleshoot (checking connections, etc), when unbeknownst to me, there was a tornado brewing. I was only preoccupied for a few moments, but in that short time, the tornado made it over the child gate, into my bedroom. It proceeded to change the sleep number on our bed, pull out my floss, open and dump an entire bottle of aftershave into Ryan's bathroom drawer, change my alarm settings (so I woke up late the next morning), downed Ryan's drink and moved his mug to the floor on the other side of the room and proceeded to answer an important phone call, and hang up on them, causing me another several hours on the phone to fix that. Alhtough normally tornados are not named...this one was so severe, and was named Nathan! Where is FEMA when you need them?

PS - and to be extra helpful, later that day when his sisters were asked to put all their dirty clothes in the laundry hamper so I could wash them, Nathan proceeded to empty all his drawers of clean folded clothes into the hamper - to assure I would have enough laundry to do!

2 comments:

Sinclairs said...

AAaahhh the Joy of Motherhood! =)

Jess said...

I love it- I'm not the only mother of little boys like this! I've had three of them.... they do get better as they get older. Hang in there!