Friday, December 28, 2012

Sad news

It is has been such a hard year for so many people, filled with all sorts of difficulties.  My heart goes out to everyone who is suffering from trials and loss.

It is with much sorrow that I add to my blog three more recent deaths.

On November 30, my dear friends father/grandfather passed away - Dick Luckow (this was only months after their mother/grandmother passed unexpectedly).

On December 15th, my Uncle Mike (on my Dad's side) passed away.  We are very sad that we won't be able to make it to the funeral tomorrow, since there is snow on the passes to Oregon.  We loved him and our love goes out to all those who loved and will miss him.

On December 22, my Grandpa Bill (on my Mom's side) passed away.  I am trying to figure out a way to go to the funeral for him.  It spans over three days next week, and is in So. Calif., so we will see if I can make it.  Grandpa used to take us out to Garage Sales when we would come visit, and keep us occupied while Mom visited with her Mom, my Nana (who passed in 1986).  He was a decorated war veteran, serving our country with honor.  He will be missed - but I know that he is with my Nana, who was the love of his life.

I am grateful for the gospel, which gives us answers and peace in times such as these.  We will mourn and shed tears for missing our loved ones - but we know they are in a better place, and we will see them again.  In the words of a beloved hymn, "God be with you till we meet again"!

No comments: