Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Best Birthday Gift - EVER!!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to Loretta and Jannealle Frank!! Ryan and I just got home from the best concert ever!
So, Mom and I were visiting the Franks, and explaining about how tired I was - telling them about my completely crazy, up-all-night, obsessively scheming about the Josh Groban concert. Just the usual "my brain won't shut up" so I lie awake all night kind of nights.
Then the next week, I get a call out of the blue, telling me that they had gone and purchased two tickets to the Josh Groban concert for my birthday, and were on their way to bring them over.
I was shocked, and speechless (yes, I know - impossible to believe that I could be speechless, but I was).
So we get to the concert, and it turns out that they didn't sell as many tickets as planned, so everyone in the second tier was being upgraded to the first tier for free. But wait...that's not all! They ended up giving Ryan and I floor tickets. We were sitting in Row W, Section 3, Seats 3 & 4. But wait...there's more. To make it even better, the people who had Seats 1 & 2 (next to us on the isle), didn't show up - so we slid over to those seats! Awesome, I know!!
Then, when I thought I couldn't be more blessed, we find out that Josh Groban starts his concert on the floor, right behind us - and that we can go stand by that little stage! So there I was - standing right below Josh Groban, up front and personal, just a few feet between us - where I could hear his voice directly. I could see the stubble on his face! It was amazing (the perspective, not the stubble)!
He gives a great concert! He is funny, personable, and his voice....oh my goodness, his voice! He is even better in concert than on his CD's (if that is even possible). Talk about a voice straight from heaven!!
It couldn't be a more perfect evening!! Thanks Emmie for babysitting, thanks to Josh for the amazing concert, and an even bigger thanks to Jannealle and Loretta for making it possible!
BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!!!

No comments: