Thursday, February 24, 2011

What a night!! Update....

So, things are crazy as usual. First of all, our van decided to have issues, and need to go to the shop. Dropped it off last night, and they had to order more parts, and it won't be done 'till tomorrow. I had mom come over at 11:30 today so I could try to get everything done before taking Lucy in tomorrow for her surgery, and then she was to stay the weekend here so she could help with kids while Ryan was at work or visiting Lucy and I at UC Davis. While I was in my office working on some paperwork, I hear a thud and my mom moaning. As I ran up the stairs, Emmie was running down telling me that Grandma fell.
Mom had been playing "Grandma Butterfly", where she wears this wrap, and flaps it like wings and chases the kids (at Grandma slow pace), and catches them in her wings, hugging them. The other kids follow behind and "save" the captured child. Well, Nathan was being captured, and stopped - and mom had a forward momentum and lost her balance - while the girls were closing in behind her. She didn't want to step on Nathan, and ended up falling on him instead. They both hit the floor, and Nathan's biggest issue was that he was stuck, and then when he got free from under her, he was very upset that his snack was still stuck under her. Mom, on the other hand, couldn't move. Against her pleas, I called 911, and had an ambulance come and get her.
I rode with her to Mercy Hospital in Folsom, where it was determined that she had fractured the neck of her femur. The surgeon was planning on doing surgery tomorrow - but with her health issues, and former surgery issues with bleeding - he has decided to wait and consult with her other doctors before making any decisions or doing anything. She will be in the hospital for several days (Lucy and I may be out before her). Then it will be most likely back to living with Ryan and I so I can care for her - but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
As far as Lucy - we have to check in tomorrow morning at 7:15am, and she will have her MRI at 8:30am and her surgery at 11:00am if all goes on schedule. She will be in surgery for about 4 hours. I probably won't have Internet access in her room, but will update the blog within a few days on her progress (as well as Mom's progress).
I just got home from the hospital where Mom is, and wanted to update everyone. So she will be in Room 207 at Mercy Folsom, and Lucy will be at UC Davis (no room yet, obviously). I gotta go get packed, and get to bed, since I have to be up at 5 to get ready to go to the hospital with Lucy.

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Yikes! Hope everything goes well with your little girl!