Thursday, February 10, 2011

Can't sleep

So I went to sleep last night around 11:30 pm, and woke up to the TV still on and Ryan snoring at 1:15 am, and couldn't get back to sleep. I figured if I got up and worked on the bookkeeping, that it would make me sleepy - but no such luck.

It's awful - 'cuz my eyes are burning, my body is tired - but my stupid mind won't stop going a mile a minute! It has been that way for days now. Normally I just lie in bed, trying to shut my brain up, toss and turn until morning. So tonight I did that for about an hour and a half, and finally just got up and came down to the office. It's 5:00 am now, and the alarm will be going off in about and hour and a half - and I am still nowhere near getting my head to quiet down.

What's so crazy is the stupid stuff my mind obsesses over. Like I'll get a song stuck in my head, and can't get it to stop replaying over and over; or I will replay my stupid moments over and over, trying new endings (not that I can go back and change it - so that's a real waste of brain power). Most of it is worry over my kids, and my failings as a mother and person.

Now I'm second guessing even posting this... but I guess that I should, because that is what I love about my friends blogs - they put it all out there, good and bad, crazy and sane, happy and sad. Maybe someone is up reading this, 'cuz they can't sleep either! If so, I'm sorry my friend, I feel your pain! :-)

Well, off to go rest my eyes and body - and pray that I might get a little sleep (since napping is a very rare treat with my schedule).

3 comments:

Jess said...

It's gotta be female hormones...cause I have nights like that, too. It seems like taking a B complex supplement along with a Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin D helps.
I hope you get some rest...
Love you

★ThE mAd HaTTeR★ said...

Debbie, I do that same thing! I will replay songs over and over and over and it drives me crazy and makes it so I cant sleep. I also replay conversations I had or overheard that day, over and over. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who does that!!! I COMPLETELY sympathize with you!

Dawn said...

I have to admit, I'm guilty of the same thing!! I've also heard those same vitamins help! I might have to break down and try those!