Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Your prayers needed....

Hello everyone! So sorry I didn't get to do a wonderful "Counting my Blessings" Thanksgiving post for my blog. We are so very blessed, and were fortunate enough to get permission for Mom to go to Oregon for Thanksgiving as well as Grandpa Stokes' 90th Birthday celebration. It was so wonderful to spend time with family and friends - and as always, was too short! Someday, my blog will be filled with cute and funny stories, thoughtful insights and whatever else crosses my mind that I will have time to post. But until my life slows down a little, it will continue to serve as an update on the health and status of Mom and my kidlings.
On a more somber note - Mom received a call a few minutes ago from her hepatologist, Dr. Merriman. I don't remember if I mentioned before, but Dr. Merriman is moving to his homeland, Ireland. He has a great job there waiting, as well as all of his family - and with small children, he and his wife feel it would be good to have them grow up around their family. We love him so, and were very sad at our last appointment with him. We were already transferred to one of his colleagues, and weren't going to get to see him again before he left in a few weeks. However, after the Liver Transplant Team (including Dr. Merriman) reviewed the last scan that Mom had done on her liver on the 18th, he called himself and said that he had very serious news, and that he wanted to be the one to tell us, and he wanted to tell us in person. So he will be in Sacramento on Monday, and we will most likely have an afternoon appointment with him to find out what is going on. It is very scary to think of what it might be that he wants to see us himself, and in person.
We do know that all things are in God's hands, and He has a purpose and a plan for each one of us. Please pray for us, that we may feel peace, and not fear and worry as we wait to find out what serious news he has for us. I know that we can get through anything with faith in our Lord, Jesus Christ - no matter what the news. I will update you all as soon as I return home from the appointment on Monday evening. Thank you so much for your continued love, support and prayers.

1 comment:

★ThE mAd HaTTeR★ said...

You're all in our prayers!!!